Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to bring?
Please bring any Groceries, Coffee grounds, & any personal toiletries.
We provide All of the following:
Complementary K-Cups & Tea (Cream & Sugar)
Complementary Dog treats, dog dishes, lint brushes, poop bags
All cleaning supplies
Towels & wash cloths
Shampoo, conditioner & body wash (Brands we use. Mane N’ Tail & Dial)
Toilet Paper & Tissues
Fire Pit (Propane)
Minimum Night Stays
Minimum 2 nights
July & August - Minimum 7 nights (15% Discount)
Thunder on the Strip - Minimum 3 nights
If one or more of the nights you would like to stay are showing as unavailable, please give us a call. We can work to accommodate your stay.
Ask about our Winter rates!
· Geneva on the Lake has enforced quiet hours that begin at Midnight and we would like our guest to honor this by keeping outside noise to a minimum at this time. During weekends, it can be quite noisy with bands playing in close proximity. Please be aware that our location is in the middle of a touristy area, where a lot of events take place. During Thunder On The Strip, our road is where they do the bike burn outs. The street gets very noisy during Noon-6pm.
· We reserve the right to charge your credit card for any damages or excessive cleaning from your stay. If you notice any problems upon arriving, please let us know right away to avoid any damages being charged to your account. We provide a checklist upon each checkout to ensure all steps are followed to avoid additional charges.
· We do all of the cleaning & maintenance. We check everything daily to make sure your stay is cozy. So, if anything is broken it will be your responsibility to keep your guests in line. Any property loss inside or outside the cottages will result to an additional charge to your account. Please avoid moving furniture and do not take furniture outside. Damages can be up to a $5,000 fee for any major damages or neglect of our cottages. No Drinks on Heaters.
· Occasionally appliances, TV’s, air conditioner, etc. can malfunction. We will service and restore these as quickly as we can. We will not make any rental changes for time without these items. Likewise, loss of electricity, water or other “Acts of God & Acts of Nature” that are outside of our control will not result in a refund of any monies paid.
Cleaning & Trash
· Trash must be taken out every Monday night if staying 6 or more days, arrow needs to face the street. Each cottage has a swiffer & broom. Wipe off all table/counter & kitchen appliances. If anything was spilled in the oven, please clean. Please Empty fridge & wipe out, clean microwave, make sure all dishes are washed, & empty all garbage containers. We respect our guests, we ask you to please do the same thing for our next guest or family. An additional $250.00 cleaning fee will apply to your card if not followed.
Please shut off all appliances and lights.
· ALL of our cottages are NON-SMOKING. Smoking is only aloud in outdoor areas. No butts in the inside trash, use outdoors pots with sand or provided ash trays. Smoking inside the cottages will result in a $250.00 cleaning fee and charged to your credit card.
Credit Card & Check payment methods are accepted.
25% required up front (non-refundable)
For checks, arrival date must be at least 25 days in the future
Due 14 days before arrival, collected automatically.
An email reminder will be sent to the guest if a payment is not scheduled to be automatically collected.
Guest receives 75% refund if cancellation occurs at least 14 days before arrival; No refunds within 14 days of arrival.
Pending & Auto Cancellation
If a booking is made using a payment method that doesn't automatically charge the guest, the following rules are used to put the booking in a pending state with auto-cancellation if payment isn't received/recorded by the deadline.
For Credit Cards
When the guest accepts and finalizes a quote, the card will be charged, and a normal booking will be created without a pending status.
The booking will be made pending for 14 days.
If Pending Expires, we automatically cancel the booking
An email reminder will be sent to the guest if a security deposit is not scheduled to be automatically held.
Held: 2 days before arrival
Released: 1 day after departure
Check In/Check Out
· Normal check in time is 4:00 P.M. and check out is 11:00 A.M. If you need to make other arrangements let us know.
· We provide self-check-in for all of our cottages. Please check your E-Mail 24 hours prior to your arrival to get your keyless entry code. If you do not receive a E-Mail, please contact us immediately. Look for KCD Cozy Cottages in your email or check your spam folder for your keyless entry code. Call us for any assistance.
· We require a credit card to accept all reservations in full amount prior to stay. We will send you a reminder email. Must be 25 & over to book or stay at cottage. Families are welcomed.
Dogs Only Policy
· Our property is Dog friendly. If your dog does not react well to other pets, noise, or large crowds, please make alternate arrangements.
· Please pick up the dog feces in the yard from your pets.
· Absolutely NO CATS or any other type of pets except for well-behaved dogs.
· You will be charged for any damage or excessive cleaning as a result of your dog(s) staying in our cottages.
Please clean up and sweep if your dog sheds.
· We provide doggie bags, homemade treats, small dog dishes, and have a doggie trash can to throw all waste in.
· We are providing sofa protector covers for your pet. We ask you to please keep them on while visiting with your 4 legged friend. Also please keep the blinds up if you are leaving the dog alone, thank you.
We offer a play ground for our dogs. Located in the back of the Rustic-Getaway cottage.
Please follow ALL Rules:
No aggressive dogs
Must be on leash when entering
You are responsible for any misbehavior or aggression.
Please clean up after your dog.
We provide bags, water, and toys.
Please use bucket and cleaning spray for toys.
· Plumbing and electric has been updated in all the cottages. We ask Please NO WIPES even if they say flushable.
· All cottages are newly updated with brand new flooring, painting, furniture, and front two patios are re-done
· We provide, bath towels, wash cloths, hand towels, bed linens, shampoo, conditioner, body wash & a hair dryer.
· All of our cottages have TVs, Internet, Roku & Spectrum Cable, Full, kitchens with plates, cups, utensils, basic cooking dishes, pot pans & Ninja Dual Coffee maker. (Complementary K-Cups & Sugar provided) toaster, microwave, & basic spices.
· We will have an online manual with videos to show you how to use all appliances. Scan the bar code on refrigerator.
· Also, we will have a guest book for you to sign and let us know how your stay was. Please leave us a Google Review as well!
· We will be providing our guest(s) with ONE PARKING PASS FOR ONE VEHICLE ONLY.
· Other guests must park on the strip.
· Any car without a pass will be towed.
· Across the street, there will be a sign that says KCD parking only, it is the parking lot with purple lights.
· Absolutely NO parking allowed on the street or on the grass.
Drop off area
· There is a gravel drive way that is for a 15 minute drop off only. NO PARKING.
Authorized cars only (Maintenance vehicles, owners, etc.)
· The safety of our guests and our family is top priority. We work with all federal, state, and local regulations. If you are not feeling well we advise you to please stay home. We take extra precaution for sanitizing. We will also be having our cleaning list on the refrigerator that you could see when you stay over for your comfort of everything that we clean. We ask that you please keep our cottages clean as well. We do clean all of the door knobs, light switches, and handles after your stay. At this time we do not ask you to wear a mask but, we do ask you to bring one just in case businesses require customers to wear one.